Wednesday, February 08, 2006

People who don't read


Not people who can't read, you understand. You know where you are with them. No. People who choose not to read. Here is a recent e-mail conversation I had with someone. For argument's sake we'll call him Mike (because that's his name).

Him: You still owe your subscription for this year.

Me: I will write a cheque and leave it behind the bar.

Him (a month later): You still owe for your subscription. It is now a month overdue.

Me: I left a cheque behind the bar. Did you not get it?

Him: Great. Thanks a lot.

Him (another month later): Your subscription is still overdue. It is now two months late.

Me: It is behind the bar. Incidentally, I think that you have incorrect contact information for me. Here is my address and phone number...(and I include this information).

Him: My records show that you have still not paid your subscription for this year. I have tried phoning you, but I think it's the wrong number. Do we have the right contact information for you?

This conversation climaxed with him essentially calling me a liar. How he would know that I was lying when he clearly hadn't read a single thing that I had written is beyond me. Either that or he has some problem transferring information from short-term memory to long-term memory. Mostly it's just a problem with him being a tosser though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home