Wednesday, July 19, 2006

E-mail two - the day after

ME:

My mate suggested I come in this morning and say to you: "Actually, I'm going to make YOU redundant. How do you like them apples?"

Unfortunately, this is flawed on two counts.

1: I have never wielded sufficient power to decide on the fate of a worker. There was one time when I pointed out to a superior that a co-worker was 'maybe a bit racist', but this merely confirmed said employee's fate. The decision had effectively already been taken.

2: Even if we did follow some idealised, non-hierarchical, egalitarian business model, you still got in first. I was too slow off the mark.

The first point's the clincher, really.


HE:

Interesting comments. Is there something you would like to discuss?


ME:

I'm merely concerned that the aforementioned employee who was 'a bit racist' has a head start on me in the job market.

In a fairer world I'd be dicing swedes (lower-case 's' - I've nothing against Scandinavians) at Morrison's already and he'd be training his replacements.

I don't know why I described him as 'a bit racist' - he was advocating genocide one day.


HE:

[No response]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home