Monday, February 27, 2006

Tying shoelaces


Let's be honest. I tie my shoelaces like a child - like a child with below par motor skills.

When I was a kid nobody showed me how to tie my shoelaces until Matt. Matt was in my year at school and had only just mastered the art himself. The demonstration I received was a ham-fisted rendering, but this is my template. This is what I aspire to. If I tie my shoelaces to the best of my abilities, then it's as good as Matt when he was five. Matt probably got better, but I can never attain such heights being limited by a sub-standard 'ultimate'.

The other day I went to buy some running shoes. I listened intently to all the talk of shoe engineering and joined in gamely. I convinced the assistant that I was a proper runner and a serious athlete. We eventually established the correct shoe for my running style.

Then I had to try them on.

He watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home