Tuesday, July 25, 2006

E-mail three

I decided that I should start asking direct questions in the hope of a response.

ME:

I had two interviews in the middle of last week. As I currently work through an agency I am not entitled to time off work for interviews, so I had to take a day's holiday. This is fair enough, albeit a tad galling. However, I do hold the company responsible for taking up some of my time prior to the interviews.

Firstly, I had to have a shave. This is not something I would ordinarily do.

Secondly, due to the 'bolt from the blue' nature of my redundancy, I was not adequately prepared. I have recently moved house and my suit was at the back of a room that was floor to ceiling with furniture etc. It took me a full hour to recover it.

Can I invoice you for one hour's unexpected suit retrieval?


HE:

Unfortunately not.


ME:

How crushingly disappointing. It's just one thing after another with you.

How about you could pay me unofficially. Like you could turn a blind eye while I steal one-hour's-work's-worth of cardboard boxes or something. Maybe some batteries. No, not batteries. I don't want those. I don't know. You think of something.


HE:

Perhaps we should have a chat.

How does 09:30 sound tomorrow?


ME:

I thought it was only a legal requirement for members of staff to have the weekly 'chat' prior to redundancy? Ie, not agency staff.


HE:

Doesn't preclude us from having a chat.


[At this point I politely declined on the grounds that we had nothing to sort out.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home